Thursday, January 21, 2021

A Little Pain Goes A Long Way

 I am much too old for this! That was my thought when my dentist said I needed my remaining three wisdom teeth removed. I couldn't imagine getting rid of WISDOM! Nor the painful process of removing teeth I have had for so long.

A couple of weeks ago, I sat in the oral surgeon's "chair" to take a little "nap" while he removed three teeth that had served me well.Most people have them removed during their teenage years. I skipped that right of passage as mine were doing just fine thank you! I had heard horror stories about adults having this procedure so I was not really looking forward to the event.

I am glad to say that the removal went well, so they told me, and that I should recover just fine. And I must say that I am, except for one little spot. A SORE spot. One small place where some small bone fragments decided to eject themselves. Praise the Lord for Oragel! 

This tiny spot of pain makes the whole mouth feel sore. Ok, maybe my head sore. But I am not a wimp! I have had way too many surgeries in the past few years and have dealt with major pain. This will pass for sure and I will be just fine.

So why write about this? I am reminded that just a little "spot" or "pain" can affect you if not taken care of. Soreness can travel all over the whole body. That one little spot can raise its head and slow you down. It's that small thing in your life or business that you need to deal with that is becoming more and more debilitating. If left unattended, it will fester into a major stumbling block. 

What's holding you back? What are you neglecting or putting off that is causing you to function at less than 100%? You can put some temporary pain reliever or bandaids on it for a while but dealing with the source is the only solution. Don't let things fester!

Blessings,

BR

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATED TRAINING

 Recently I attended a training seminar sharpening my skills as a chaplain and minister. The training was centered around working with group...