Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Masters

If you know anything about golf or know someone who knows something about golf, you have heard of The Masters. The first major championship tournament of the season. Held in Augusta, GA., it is an elite tournament with only the best in the world competing. Tickets are very hard to come by.
I have the privilege of attending as my oldest son married into a family that are members. I have been blessed to play Augusta, although I will not post my score. I do not share this information to say that I am someone special. I feel very blessed and undeserving of such opportunities.
To walk the course where so many legends have played is amazing. To swing a club and remind myself of why I am not on the PGA as I compare my shots with those of the best is truly humbling. I remember being on the first tee box feeling like it was a dream, knees weak and shaking. Just the awe of the course grabs you.
Amazing as my experience was, it does not compare to my walk with Christ. Every time I open the scriptures and walk with the truly greats, I feel so unworthy. I compare my life with the True Master (Jesus) and am reminded at how short my life falls. Walking this course of life where Jesus walked just grabs me!
Never forget that The Master has already walked where you trod. You can follow Him and let Him live through you. The Masters tournament is once a year, but walking with The Master is a daily experience!

From My Heart,
Pastor BR

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATED TRAINING

 Recently I attended a training seminar sharpening my skills as a chaplain and minister. The training was centered around working with group...