Thursday, June 22, 2017

The Wonder of Worship

The Gettys produced a song several years ago entitled, "Don't Let Me Lose My Wonder." The first time I heard this song I was deeply moved. The song reminds us that God is in the little things as well as the big things. When we see a spider's web it shows the wonder of God. Each and every day is filled with God's great gifts for us.
We can easily loose our wonder of worship. As we gather weekly, worship can become a calendar event or just another activity of the weekend. I've even heard some remark that if they miss church on Sunday it throws their whole week off as their calendar is messed up.
I believe one way to keep the wonder in worship is to keep our wonder of God. Remembering His greatness as well as our intimacy with Him each day keeps us amazed at Him. When we have a full wonderment of God, our worship is ignited!
I pray that the next opportunity of worship, you will take the time and renew your wonder of God. Place your focus on Him instead of all the other things surrounding worship. Sing, lift up His name from a heart of wonder.
Praying that the God of Wonder will never cease to amaze us!

From the Heart,
Pastor BR

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATED TRAINING

 Recently I attended a training seminar sharpening my skills as a chaplain and minister. The training was centered around working with group...