Thursday, December 21, 2017

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

I want to wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

While serving at a food distribution ministry, I asked who knew the very first Christmas song. Many replies came from "We Three Kings" to "Rudolph". I was able to share that the very first Christmas song came from the angels that filled the sky singing, "Glory to God in the highest, and peace on earth, good will to men." This was the song God had sung at the birth of Jesus! Much more than a "Happy Birthday" song for sure.

The first Christmas song brought glory to God and announced His plan to bring peace on the earth. This peace is only found in Jesus Christ. While I really enjoy the songs of Christmas (and wished we sang them all year long), the greatest song is found in the Bible. We do not know the tune but we do know the words. One day we will be able to sing around God's Throne the most beautiful song ever sung. A song that only the redeemed of God can sing!

I pray God has put a new song in your heart and that you will sing it all through 2018!

From the Heart,

Pastor BR

No comments:

Post a Comment

UPDATED TRAINING

 Recently I attended a training seminar sharpening my skills as a chaplain and minister. The training was centered around working with group...