Monday, March 20, 2017

Family Tree

I have not done an in depth research of my family tree but I do believe that your family tree is important. I know of a few generations of my predecessors but not extensively. I think I'm maybe a little bit scared of what I might find!
We have a spiritual family tree that goes all the way back to the cross. It is filled with interesting characters, unbelievable miracles, and even martyrs for the faith. The Bible records for us the beginning of our family tree which is Jesus. Now that is an exciting family tree!
I am preparing a sermon from 2 Corinthians 2:17-3:3 that is a reminder that we should invest our lives in people. The apostle Paul states that our greatest letter of recommendation is the changed lives of people around us. People can look good on paper and very poor in person. Resumes are written to tell how wonderful a person is, and mostly to get a job. Resumes can be misleading but changed lives are indelible. This begs the question as to what are the people around you like? Are they gossipers? Distorters of the truth? Rumor participants? People who hurt the church? Complainers? If so, then check yourself and your influence. Are the people around you committed to the Word of God? Church builders? Servants in the church? Builders of people? Disciples of Christ? If this is the case, praise the Lord for your letters of recommendation!
I pray you will be a builder of the Kingdom of God. change the hearts around you to reflect the heart of Christ.  We must always remember that expectations do not yield results, obedience does!

From the Heart,
Pastor BR

2 comments:

UPDATED TRAINING

 Recently I attended a training seminar sharpening my skills as a chaplain and minister. The training was centered around working with group...